And them rhymes you were kickin' were quite bootylicious
There is the order things happened in real life and then there is the order things were discovered by some whites boys in a school district with 1 black kid in the high school. I first heard Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" at my friend Tim's house. At this time I didn't know N.W.A. or why Dre had beef with some guy named Easy, and honestly I think I didn't appreciate the rhymes or flows at first. But as I ingested more rap and hip hop I began to understand. I grew to appreciate the flows, the rhyming schemes and the intricacies of the lyrics.
The Chronic was Dre's first studio album after the breakup of NWA. The tracks and guest verses are top notch. The skits are hilarious and timely. The Chronic is when we first hear a young Snoop Dogg and his work on "Fuck wit Dre Day" is genre defining. Dre has brought 2 rappers so far into the forefront they each have Fortnite skins. Oh yeah he also had to restart his label several times and was such a successful business man he become a billionaire. Not bad for a kid from Compton.

No comments:
Post a Comment