Sunday, December 21, 2025

"Overkill" Men At Work

At least there's pretty lights and though there's little variation

My toxic trait is that I am 1000% convinced that not only could I do this song at karaoke but that I would absolutely kill it! No doubt. I could do the studio version or the absolutely tremendous all acoustic solo version that Colin Hay did on "Scrubs". Like this would be my American Idol audition song and I would get a ticket to Hollywood.

Growing up we had HBO and one of my favorite things about it was the concert movies they would have. Billy Joel live from Russia was the big one, but there was a hour long Men At Work live from San Francisco show that was always on too. "Land Down Under" is obviously the big song everyone remembers but I always love "Overkill" and "Dr. Heckyll and Mr. Jive" Another great band from the 80s that is still getting the appreciation they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Heartbreak Beat" - The Psychedelic Furs

But a kiss ain't enough Here is another classic from Double X. Man that station was the place to be from 1986 until 1988. Hard to bel...