Lost track of how far I've gone, how far I've gone, how high I've climbed
Again another artist with an amazing catalog and I choose something not quite mainstream. Let's get this out of the way, of course "Born to Run" is my favorite Springsteen song, so, again, why this? Well get ready for the Gen X 911 trauma dump. This album was written in the aftermath of 911, it was how Bruce coped with what happened to New York and all of America that day. The opening verse is written from the perspective of a NYFD firefighter climbing up to rescue people from the upper floors. Springsteen could not let go of one of the central images of that day, those who were "ascending into ... what?"
I have only seen Bruce in concert once and it was in 2003 at PNC Park. It was the best live show I have ever seen, and I saw Prince, but it was Prince when he was fighting with the label and not doing hits. My wife and I had floor seats and it was a solid 4 hours of rock and roll and energy. Bruce truly is The Boss
No comments:
Post a Comment