A stronger man might do it with more grace
The 90s scene for Pittsburgh music was pretty cool. The Clarks, Brownie Mary, Gathering Field and earlier the Affordable Floors. I guess when i really think about it, I have seen The Clarks more than any other band. At Nick's Fat City, IC Light Amphitheater, Westminster, while my wife and her college roommate stalked Scott Blasey at Ross Park Mall.
When I hear The Clarks I am reminded of all those good times with friends at that point in my life. Meeting my future wife, changing childhood friendships into grown up friendships which have lasted a lifetime and being young and very irresponsible. But that isn't to say this is a nostalgia pick. "Penny on the Floor" is a solid song about regret and sadness from a relationship that is over. The lyrics are simply, but they are sad and moving. It may be a local hit with a little over a million streams but it's place on the tape is well deserved.
No comments:
Post a Comment