Thursday, December 4, 2025

"Cherub Rock" - The Smashing Pumpkins

'Cause they know who is righteous, what is bold, so I'm told

I would never describe myself as a Smashing Pumpkins fan. With that said I owned most of thier CDs and know all the lyrics. "Cherub Rock" is far from the best or most popular Pumpkins song. But when I listen to grunge, what I want the most is the raw angst filled energy, and "Cherub Rock" delivers that.

I did bounce around between this song and "Disarm". "Disarm" is Billy Corgan's favorite thing he wrote. When the brand went into the studio to work on Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, the studio explicitly asked for more anger. So he wrote "Zero" and "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" for them and "1979" for himself. Worked out great all around for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Heartbreak Beat" - The Psychedelic Furs

But a kiss ain't enough Here is another classic from Double X. Man that station was the place to be from 1986 until 1988. Hard to bel...