But nothin' seems to change the bad times stay the same and I can't run
My Mom and Dad went to an Allman Brothers concert once when I was older. They told me the concert was over 2 hours long and they did 5 songs. That checks out. I think the version of "Whipping Post" they heard that night was 30 minutes long. I assume this story to be true but I imagine the crowd was probably so stoned the show could of only been 35 minutes.
Later in the tape we get to what I consider to be the greatest breakup song ever (The second greatest breakup song comes in 3 songs) Make no mistake this isn't a breakup song. Gregg hasn't left this woman, he could no sooner leave her then he could stop breathing. I mean she took all of his money, wrecked his new car and is drinking with one of his buddies. She has him and she knows it. My head cannon is that the daughter of the woman Gregg sings about here is the woman Billy Joel writes about in "Stiletto".
No comments:
Post a Comment